Sunday, May 18, 2008

Great Saturday!

I got to go to a great Bookbinding class at Amy H's house with a few other gals. Amy is amazingly talented and a great teacher. Not only did she supply all the tools and material but she made a yummy breakfast and lunch. Homemade Rolls and cheese danish, yum!










For not making a book in over 10 years, I think they turned out pretty cute. I of coarse had to use the Amy Butler Paper I'm obsessed with.






I've also been wanting a journal for Ike to write down some things about him and for him. I found this cute robot paper at Robert's and just happened to have bought a fat quarter from Broadbent's a while back that matched perfectly. I also got some rub-ons that match the paper that I added throughout the book. I love how it turned out. It's not perfect, but that makes it even more special.




8 comments:

Erin said...

Are you stinking kidding me? You made those? Wowzaa! Professional!

I totally missed out!

Erin

Kitty said...

Those are so cute. I am super impressed. It sounds like you have some really talented, wonderful friends. That's the best.
HUGS

Anonymous said...

Now I am even more bummed I had to leave early! I love my ribbon book and can't wait to do the cased in one. LOVE the robots and rub ons.

jen said...

Nice job. Looks great!

Amy said...

Your robot book totally stole the show! I love it, and am so giddy over the thought that I can make one for me! Thanks so much for leaving the fabric with me! I really enjoyed having you in the class and getting to know you a little better. Thanks for coming!

Brittany said...

You closet scrapbooker! I knew it. Not only that, but you are really good!

Britt said...

These are darling. I want to come to the class!

Diana said...

Your books turned out great!