Thursday, May 1, 2008

Just a little something I whipped up

My tummy is full and happy. I finally made this delicious syrup that my sister Sharon makes. I heard years ago how good it was and it's taken me this long to finally try it. It calls for buttermilk that I never buy. I got some to make Ranch Dressing which I'm going to start doing more often. I made the syrup yesterday and have been trying to think of what else it would be good on, this morning I saw a banana and viola. You all need to try this at home.

Sharon's Syrup

1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
Boil
Remove from heat then add
1 teaspoon soda (Be sure kettle is large as it foams up high
1 teaspoon mapleine or vanilla

That's it, it was really simple and so yummy. I used vanilla and think it's probably best. The syrup is kind of a carmely butterscotch flavor. You'll be addicted.

8 comments:

jen said...

You are so talented! I love the new blog look! We make waffles nearly every day but I've never attempted syrup. Thx for the recipe!

Cindy Bean said...

Those are some crazy looking bananas! I wish I weren't so lazy and then maybe I'd actually make breakfast instead of pouring it into a bowl.

Anonymous said...

That syrup is a staple in this house- we use it on pancakes, waffles, crepes, german pancakes...I love it and it keeps in the fridge so well. I will have to try it on bananas!

Anonymous said...

I love the syrup. I make it here in Costa Rica. Kenlyn sent me mapleine so I have used that. I will have to try the vanilla when I run our of the maple. Her pancake recipe it tops too. Mom

Kelly said...

i love buttermilk syrup! i'll have to try this recipe - i've tried several others and can't seem to get the consistency quite right.

Chowza said...

I like the redesign of your blog. So pretty. And I will try this syrup.

Robyn said...

Oh my goodness. I see addiction in the future. Thanks for sharing.

mushbelly said...

I LOVE this syrup. My mom makes it, and all the grandkids call it "marshmallow syrup" I think I need to make it this weekend.