My name is Marjorie, I generally go by Marj, if you are over 60 feel free to call me Marjie. When I started this blog my friend Sarah was about the only one who read it and her blog was about the only one I commented on. When mentioned in her blog she referred to me as Midge (Barbie's best friend) so for continuity I made my blog name Midge so when I left comments it would make sense. My blog has since become more far reaching so I thought I had better clear this up, inspired by the fact that when talking to my sister Cate (formerly known as Cathy) she mentioned the wonderful lady I was named after asked if I had changed my name to Midge with the comment that "she said she loved her name and would never change it". No I haven't changed my name, and no I never will. My sister Rainey (formerly named after my Aunt Roberta) changed her name a few years back as well, so I can see where she might assume we are all going to up and change our names in my family.
I recently met some woman in the blogging world at a book club meeting and there again I had to introduce myself as Midge and Marjorie. Yeah it's confusing, I'm sorry. But that's how it's going to stay so figure it out. For years on lds single I went by Dlux and at parties or on dates I would have to introduce myself twice. I've found that blogging is a little like singles sites except now I'm searching out moms instead of men. And honestly I prefer it that way.
3 comments:
I was surprised at bookclub when you said to call your Marj or Marjorie. We should do something together soon, something Christmasy even if Ike doesn't really know what's going on :)
You'll always be Midge to me.
I think both names are adorable, but I'm glad I can call you by your real name:)
I hope to see you tomorrow. I checked out a David Sedaris on your recommendation, but I haven't read it yet, so that conversation will have to be left for another time.
Post a Comment