This is one of my favorite ornaments on my tree because my Dad made it for me. It's kind of hard to tell but it's a little birdhouse ornament which works perfect with my bird tree. I've already done several posts on ornaments this year and mentioned my new ornament exchange tradition and Ryan's Karl Marx ornament. I guess I could get him a new communist leader ornament every year, that would be fun. jk.
These are the ornaments I really want though. My grandpa had them on his tree and they remind me so much of him. I loved his tree. I went over one year to help him set up his Christmas tree. So we went out to his garage and got a box out and brought it inside. He said well I don't need much help, he opened the box, pulled the little tree out and voila, it was already decorated. He just kept the ornaments on year to year. No wonder it always looked the same. I wish I knew who had his tree now, I'd pay good money to have it, even though you really couldn't put a price on it. Instead I need to hunt down and buy some of these cute elves.If you want to start doing SPT's just go to Lelly's blog http://lellysmusings.blogspot.com/ She gives out the assignment a few days before then posts her SPT with links to everyone else's on Tuesdays (obviously). Anyone can do them and it's always nice to be given an idea for a blog.
6 comments:
and do these elves jingle, because i have a green one that looks like a match!
Lou's grandma has elves that look just like those.
I like your birdfeeder ornament.
Hi Midge, I popped over from Lelly's.
I remember an elf like the picture from when I was as a kid, too. Lelly and I have had this same conversation! Aren't they great?
The closest I have found comes with a book and is called Elf on the Shelf. NPR catalog offers it but so do a lot of Hallmarks and some speciality shops. I found a list at elfonashelf(dot)com.
Good luck!
ps- who knew you could store ornaments on the tree?
I love ornaments my kids have made. They are so ugly, but they balance the tree out and remind me of my tree growing up. My mom kept all our school made ornaments and we loved getting them out each year and laughing and remembering. Now my kids sort of do that.
Hi Midge--found you through Lelly's SPT. What fun little elves--hope you can hunt some down, they'd make a great keepsake. I like your birdhouse ornament too--so special since it was made by your dad.
I like that birdhouse ornament- Linc saw it and had to get a closer look. He wants to make some.
Post a Comment